Eggies Eggies Eggies

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lipkis, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Lipkis

Lipkis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    It all started last Saturday not too long ago. My mother found a tiny brown egg with white speckles on it in the nesting box we put in there! And so started to laying. Next day I happily looked in to see if there was anything in there! Absolutely nothing. I calmed down though only because I knew if I got myself worked up about it I'd be upset.

So I enjoyed my girls and pet them as I made kissy noises and told them that they were very good and pretty for laying such a nice egg. They pukpuked and walked along. Their feathered legs coming in contact with the ground as their eyes closed when I rubbed their neck.

The next couple of eggs we got more and more! We're up to five and all of them a re in the nesting box. What good girls. They know to lay the eggs there I dunno if it's smarts of instincts they only poo in one area which makes for easy clean up and since the eggs have been in the nesting box it's easy to fine them!

Everyday, when I get home I check up on them and see if there's another egg! I'm always so excited to see. A couple days ago Mom made a scrambled egg from the girls. We only tried one just because we wanted to see if they were okay. I watched as she mixed it up with a spatula and got out a plate and form.

"You ready?" She asked.

I nodded and smiled as she put the plate down. Holding onto my fork I scraped up the little bantam egg and tenatively brought it to my mouth. My lips wrapped around the fork and I sat there.

It was the most deliciosu egg I saw. "Mmm!" I cried that was it for Mom she had to try some too! In less then a minute we finished up the tiny egg! Perhaps it was all in our heads because we knew what we feed out girls. Perhaps it's because we know that they have a varied diet. Perhaps it's because treat our girls with dignity, respect, and love and therefore their products are filled with the same feelings.

I realy don't now all I can tell you if that it was delicious and mom and I are anxiously waiting everyday for more and more eggs. Maybe over the weekend we can cookup the other four! <3

2. HallChicks

HallChicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2007
    What a great, inspiring story!! We are still waiting for eggs! Your story makes me look forward to them even more [​IMG]

3. Lipkis

Lipkis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    It's so worth the wait! We've been waiting for them to lay they're old enough they had been old enough. But we were being paitent and giving them love. Just as long as they're treated correctly, healthy, happy, and above all enjoyed by their owners then you can hopefully find an egg! That day when you find one if one of the best days ever. It's such a surpise we didn't expect it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by