Eggies....what do you think?

bburn

Songster
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Delaware, Arkansas
They keep advertising them on TV. Was wondering if anyone had tried them. It might be the answer for those of us who want boiled eggs from our really fresh eggs.

What do ya'll think?

can't wait to get them in the stores. I won't do credit card orders over the phone I was peeling eggs today and sometimes my fingers get so sore I cant wait to try them

My DH won't let me order them because of the S&H.....and it is high but I sure wanted them! They will show up on the as seen on tv shelves in the stores before Christmas.

BUT....don't they seem like the answer for us that have fresh eggs?? And my DD loves deviled eggs!

Fresh eggs are easy to peel if you know the trick.

Get the water boiling first, then ladle in the eggs. Cook for however long you like (I usually do 16 minutes), then take the eggs out and put them in ice water and let them cool completely.

not very easy I am saying......I bring the water to a rolling boil with the eggs in it and put a lid on and take off the burner....then leave 15 minutes....then drain the water and shake the eggs in the pan....that helps me more than anything

Folks, I took the chance and bought Eggies. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE. They are a great concept but this product is very far from prime time.
First I ordered them and it took 2 months to get them. In the meantime, I did not get any message that they were backordered.
They are not as advertised. The entire container is 4 parts rather than the 2 as I expected. The first 3 must be screwed together to make up the bottom portion that you pour the egg into. Too many very small pieces. They do not screw together securely and came apart in the water.
The whole inside must be oiled before you put the egg into the bottom portion.
You can't order one set, but must order two. The total cost is $26 for something you would buy in a dime store for $5 max.
I was suckered, so the only thing I can do now is to WARN other people.

Try at your own risk.

Last edited:
Quote:
barnie.gif
too late
th.gif

Darn....my DH would not let me order them. Because it seems when we order something like that it always takes forever for it to come in.....plus, you might get the second set free but you pay double shipping and handling. I have been waiting for them to come out on the 'as seen on tv' shelf at walmart!! Now I won't waste my money.

Thanks!

Quote:
Oh I am so glad I saw your post, thank you!! I tried to order them a few weeks ago (on a Friday night) and actually thought the order went through and I DID notice that it said the 'how many extra sets would l like' part. I tried the 'check on your order' part of the website and no matter what info I put in it never showed as having ordered so the next day I called.

Well nobody else seems to be able to find my order and they told me maybe it was due to me ordering after hours and on a weekend and to keep checking the site, and if I don't show by the following Wednesday to call them and order that way. Well I kept checking and kept checking my credit card and no sale. Went to the fair a few days later with my husband and saw them there without the shipping fee and almost bought them again but didn't want to carry them around all day long. LOL something was keeping me from buying them! Thank you for posting about them.
smile.png

What price were the Eggies selling for at the fair? I was required to purchase a double order and would be happy to split the cost and sell half my order. I would mail them w/o extra postage cost. Could you see that they were made of 4 parts?

Liz

Back
Top Bottom