Egglaying Help!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by erinc, Sep 1, 2016.

1. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky
    Our Isa Brown Shadow started laying Monday of this week. Her first two eggs were great! We have yet to crack them open thought. Anyhow, yesterday and today she has been laying these "rubber" type eggs that are busted open when we got to check for eggs. I added oyster shells into their coop and their run, Shadow was interested in them on Monday but I haven't seen her go back to them much since then. The other chickens and our rooster were pecking at them as well but have also seemed to lose interest. Now I have read that "rubber eggs" can be normal in young layers but can also be due to low calcium and stress. I have seen our rooster mount Shadow and one of our other hens, Blondie. Could this be too much of a stress factor? Should we consider getting rid of our rooster? Also, what are more ways to get more calcium into their diets. I have not changed their food to layer pellets yet because i have a 2 hens that are a few weeks younger. Please, any help to help my girls is appreciated!

HER FIRST EGG 8/30/16
    [​IMG]
    THE "RUBBER EGG" 9/1/16
    [​IMG]
    OYSTER SHELLS WE FEED
    [​IMG]

2. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky
    This is our Isa Brown Shadow.
    [​IMG]