Eggless

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HHBaker, Mar 16, 2017.

1. HHBaker

HHBaker Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Chriesman, TX
    My 3 Australorps are 22 weeks old and NO EGGS! They are well fed, have 3 nesting boxes, a great coop, and a fenced yard. What am I missing?

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    That they're only 22 weeks old. Give them another month. How red are their combs?

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    You are missing patience. It is a virtue and I WANT IT NOW!

Are their combs and wattles getting bigger and redder?
    Check the space between the pelvic bones. If it is less than 2 fingers width, you have to wait longer. If it is more, then eggs will be soon.

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am so glad you decided to join us today, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, HHBaker, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock! Hope you start getting some eggs soon (you will!) [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under HHBaker [​IMG] Welcome!

I have always liked that saying ‘Grant me patience – but hurry!” [​IMG] Hang in there, I foresee eggs in your not too distant future.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When their combs enlarge and get RED, and they sometimes go in and out of nest boxes exploring and crouch down if you pet their back, they will start laying soon. You can also give visual aids like putting a golf ball or two in each nest to give them the idea where eggs go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by