1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggplant recipe Needed.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by randomchick, Oct 29, 2009.

1. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    Anyone know a good eggplant recipe. I have never eaten eggplant and would like a good recipe to try.
    Thanks all

2. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    Not sure what all my grandma done but i know it was thin sliced and some kinda corn mill on it and fried was good kinda like fried green mators

3. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    If you slice it thin and grill, you can use it in place of lasagna noodles. Or slice it thin and dredge in italian bread crumbs and make a parmagan-bake-yum!
    I would also look up a ratatouille recipe-double yum! cube these: eggplant, zukes, onions, tomatoes garlic and optional black olives it is very good

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Make this middle eastern recepie called Babaganug

you Need

2- egg plants

3 ts tahina

1/4 cup of chopped walnuts

1 lemon

1/2 cup plain yogurt

1 go ahead and bake the eggplants in the oven till you can remove the black skin off.
    2 get the blinder and blind the eggplants with the tahina and yogurt and lemon till they get cramy
    then get them out and add the walnuts. then add salt as you like and then put them in a plate add some parcely on top and some olive oil if you like and enjoy it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by