Eggs a little off..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by k625, Jan 26, 2008.

1. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    My frizzled polish just stared laying eariler this week, well I decided to scramble some of the eggs, and they tated..the slightest bit off. Maybe it was just me, I have not had FRESH eggs in a while. Is there a waiting period since these are her first eggs ever? I dont give her foods that would change the taste of the eggs, or at least I think.

2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    My children say that our frizzled polish have a different taste...I didn't think so. Is it just stronger of a taste? What feed are you feeding? Are they free range or in a cage? All these things do make them taste different.

3. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Since this isn't taste-o-forum we cannot tell how they taste. This may help, a friend of mine told me her husband doesn't like the taste of the fresh eggs: he buys store eggs [​IMG] so he mixes them together. He says they are too strong, whatever that means.
    They should have a nice egg flavor, and I find them to be very "buttery" not that they taste like butter it is the creamy texture. They are also very firm and stand in the frying pan, they look like hocky pucks, standing at attention.

I think if they were bad you would really know it. [​IMG] Don't worry I am sure they are ok.

By the way my friends are also frizzle polish, maybe there is something to this, I have a mixed Polish and her eggs are a bit strong but I have nothing to compare them to. I will soon I hope.

I guess we are not helping, sorry.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  4. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Oh, well maybe its a polish thing then. I feed Dumor grower/starter and just started to mix in layer feed by dumor. Also mix in some scratch every now and then. They do get out to free range for about an hour every night or so. Anything I should change?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by