Eggs a plenty!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Panthus, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Panthus

Panthus Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2011
    Its day 8 of owning my girls, two 20 week old Isa Browns and last night i was rewarded with an egg!! I squeeled like an 8 year old at Christmas. The girls are on a roll, when i went out there this morning there was an egg right in the middle of the coop. Either one of there big feet booted it out or it was such an urgent matter that she couldn't wait to get back to her nest and had to drop it right then and there [​IMG]

Either way, i'm one very proud mum. They vary in size and colour so i wonder if its one from each chook? If my mathematics serve me correctly it takes 27 hours between eggs and there would only have been 18 hours if it was the same bird so the nerd within tells me its an egg from each girl. [​IMG]

Without further ado, heres a pic
    [​IMG]

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Are they walking around making all kinds of noise's like they are proud momma's? Ccongrats on the eggs. [​IMG]

3. Panthus

Panthus Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2011
    They are suprisingly pretty quiet. I thought yesterday morning that one of the girls was a bit of a chatter box. She was waddling around my legs nattering away to herself. Nothing loud by any means. If you stood more than 5 metres away you would barely hear her but none the less noisier than usual. Again this morning both the girls were little chatter boxes so you could be right. They were following me about telling me all about their eggs [​IMG]

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Give them a big C O N G R A T Z from us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by