Eggs are a rockin' & I have another pip! **I have new 2 babies**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ZooMummzy, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Obviously this is my first solo hatch (with lots of help from silkiechicken - thank you!) [​IMG] since I'm so ecstatic over such a little thing. I have 5 eggs in silkiechicken's homemade incubator (our first hatch in it is now a sticky in this section - candling egg progression). These eggs are the last 5 viable eggs from my rooster Blake that I had to rehome last month. There are 3 EE/bantam cochin X's and 2 Japanese or Sebright/bantam cochin x's.

Now, I just sit on my hands and wait. I think it's gonna be a long night (need to buy more coffee!) because there is no way I'm going to sleep until all of these babies hatch! I missed the last one because I was at the Ohio National Poultry Show in Columbus...I'm not missing a moment of this one! [​IMG]

Unfortunately, lol now I'm addicted to hatching. I have about 40 eggs coming this week to go into the bator before I have to return it to silkiechicken. I see an incubator on my wish list [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. aalbury

aalbury Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    GA
    Good luck! I'm living vicariously, so keep me posted? [​IMG]

3. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Most definitely!

We have zipping now! None of the other eggs have pipped yet, but that's ok....we got time [​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PS .... I'll stay up with ya!

5. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    me too, I'm up studying, so pictures of a new baby will make it worth it! ;-)

6. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Awesome! Thanks guys [​IMG]

7. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    ITS SO ADDICTING.
    WAITING WITH YOU![​IMG]

8. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    agreed...tho I haven't gotten much studying done (hmmm maybe I shouldnt have gotten on BYC at all! LOL) so I may have to go to bed soon so I can get up early tmrw and study...

9. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I'm here! Checkin' in .... How's it going?

10. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    We are kinda stalled [​IMG] The pipped egg is getting a larger zip to it but nothing is happening with the others. I'm thinking I will have at least one chick tonight or in the morning and will keep my fingers crossed the others pip over night. The waiting sucks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by