Eggs are about to hatch how do I cope with the excitement, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lilaby Babys, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Lilaby Babys

Lilaby Babys Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2017
    I have two wiggling/chirping eggs in lock down out of six eggs. the other eggs were put in there after so they aren't ready yet but it has got to the point where I am checking the incubator every 10-20 minutes. The days are gunna be soo long if I keep this up. What do I do to get my mind off it?

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Sorry but i haven't found anything to help you yet. My chicks are coming in a little more than a month and i already have their brooder set up. The anticipation kills.

1 person likes this.
  3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Haha! First hatch?
    I usually find a chore, task, activity near the incubator so I can look often once they start pipping.
    Is the brooder ready?

1 person likes this.
  4. Lilaby Babys

Lilaby Babys Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2017
    No, the brooders not ready but now I for sure have something to do, I have been thinking about setting it up for a while but haven't taken my eyes off those little wiggling eggs. Just can't wait! and its actually my second hatch but in this one I haven't had any assistance so I'm just hoping temperature spikes didn't affect them. I have a little giant incubator so there is bound to be spikes now and then.

5. Eps32

Eps32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    Do a chore or even leave the house goto the grocery store or feed store once you start hatching a lot of chicks it will be like nothing I swear around this time of year cause I sell chicks I have four incubators going and there's chirps sounding off in my house constantly lol

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by