Eggs are coming...Hubby's gonna be mad

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marytoast, May 6, 2009.

1. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    My guinea eggs are due to hatch Sunday and I am supposed to be getting 6+ welsummer eggs shipped around the 18th. Last night hubby said "We need to give this bator a rest. It's been running for almost a month now." I haven't shared with him that I have more eggs coming. [​IMG]

2. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    [​IMG] I wonder what my DH is going to say when I finish hatching my current bunch and set new ones the next day! I already have them all in a carton just waiting for this hatch to be complete!

Good luck with your DH!!!

3. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Try saying that you all already discussed it. [​IMG] Then if he says anything about the bator running, look at him like the bator is invisable and say "Bator, what bator?" [​IMG]

4. Lov'emSouthernEggs

Lov'emSouthernEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    East Carolina
    Tell him you'd gladly stop using something of his that is plugged in so that the incubator can continue to run. I have a batch to go in when this one is done too and I don't think it has quite hit DH yet. It will when he comes home and hears all the peeping and he's out in the yard building another coop. [​IMG]

He loves it! [​IMG]

5. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Out of curiosity I just asked DH what he thought about hatching more guinea eggs after the current batch of chicken eggs. He said it was up to me as long as most of these will be used for meat. That's fine with me, even the extra chickens will be mostly for meat. At least this year I'll have a longer time to evaluate the keepers before hatchet time.

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Obviously, you don't have enough because if you did he wouldn't even notice.............. [​IMG].........................mine doesn't even notice now. Like weeks later he'll say where did that come from?

7. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:I like this concept. When hubby is around call the bird by name as if it has been there all along. [​IMG] Make him feel like he isn't keeping up with the program. [​IMG] Good plan there tex.

8. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    A month?! It takes almost a month to hatch one batch! How long has your bator truly been running hmmm? [​IMG]

I just filled mine this morning, I have 2.5 week olds in the brooder and I'm waiting on an order of BCM's that I hope to get in a month. THEN I think I'll give my bator a rest.

9. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hahaa!!! Yes, this is what happens around here, too! [​IMG]

10. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I like this concept. When hubby is around call the bird by name as if it has been there all along. [​IMG] Make him feel like he isn't keeping up with the program. [​IMG] Good plan there tex.

HAHAHAA!!! That's CLASSIC! I'm going to add this to my bag of tricks!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by