1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Eggs are hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thumbless, Aug 12, 2010.

1. thumbless

thumbless Songster

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    I put around 60 eggs in two incubators at the same time, after 15 days I tested with my egg buddy and only took out 14 eggs.

Here is the weird thing, I had one that hatched a week early and the rest of them started late last night, so far I have five out, six if you count the one that hatched early.

My hatch rates over the summer have sucked so I just got 57 Black Stars from a hatchery and the rare chick that I got was a female.

2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Songster

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Congratulations on your babies! That is weird that you had one hatch out so early, I wonder if was maybe in a warmer section of the incubator of if it had gotten some heat on it prior to you receiving it. [​IMG]

3. thumbless

thumbless Songster

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    The only thing I can think of is maybe I missed it in the nest a couple of days.

By the way nine out so far.

4. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Songster

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    OH, you are incubating your eggs, I thought they were from the hatchery. Well then, I think one of your hens was holding out on you and was hiding that egg. At least you got an early present.
    Don't you just love hatch day! [​IMG]

5. thumbless

thumbless Songster

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    Yes I 57 from a hatchery, and I put 60 in the incubator.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  6. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Songster

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG] How precious! Is that little black one the one that came out early?

7. thumbless

thumbless Songster

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    No, on the black ones, my RIR hens are flying over the fence and my barred rock rooster must of got to them, so I have created a black star.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by