Eggs are here :)Paganbirds and MagsC's hatching thread!!UpdateMarch16!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MagsC, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    My eggs from Paganbird arrived today, two dozen of them. Then Fed Ex delivered my crested indian runner eggs.(10 eggs)
    I am going to let all the eggs settle overnight and put them in the incubator tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. OhioEggs

OhioEggs Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Springfield, OH
    What type did you get? I got some from her today as well.

3. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Congrats and good luck with your hatch! [​IMG]

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG]

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I got a mix of eggs, Barred Rocks and a couple silkie/sizzles, though my daughter is getting some more silkie/sizzles and button quail from her.
    There were also a couple of eggs marked BL, but I am brain dead today so its not making the connection what they are,lol.
    I also have more eggs coming, greens/blues from Natalies (soneW...wait, I know thats the wrong spelling....ack, like I said...brain dead), four mixed duck eggs, then more mixed chicken eggs, guinea eggs, maybe some turkey or mallard eggs from chickenlittle32.
    I won a couple pre-sales as well, one for peacocks and one for pheasants. I STILL want to find geese,various quail etc.
    Cripes....forget it...lol....lets just say I want to hatch a little (or a lot!) of everything![​IMG]
    This is my third year incubating and it still as much fun as it was in the beginning though I will always have WAY more to learn!!!

6. OhioEggs

OhioEggs Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Springfield, OH
    Bantam Leghorn.

I got 15 silkie eggs.

5 Bantam Leghorns

and 4 large fowl whatevers

7. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    The large fowl whatevers should be barred rocks.
    [​IMG]
    I have 10 of the silkie/sizzle eggs in the 'bator (since Friday) and they are ALL showing veining.
    I also put in 9 salmon faverolles with the silkies. The SFs are from Cloverleaf.
    Today I got eggs from Pidgey (5 cochin, 3 dark cornish, 3 BLRW, and a rumpless auracana/?)
    and 8 mixed duck eggs from Tattoo.
    I'll be setting those with 30 of my own eggs. I have them divided into 10 groups... 3 eggs each from 10 different hens.
    They'll all go in tonight around midnight. Day one is tomorrow.

8. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Sonew123's haha love yah! you are crazy your going to be so busy with so many different kinds od babies-Im so jealous!!!

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Natalie!! LOL, well you know what? Once I get set up enough and actually getting eggs of my own, I would be happy to share.:)For one reason or another, mostly due to my health issues, it hasnt happened yet. BUT I have enough relatives and friends getting eggs from my birds so will reap what I have sowed the past couple of years.[​IMG]
    I must be doing better than what I thought, I KNEW it was sonew, I just blipped out on the numbers!![​IMG] (I am that way sometimes....[​IMG] okay....more than sometimes...)
    Paganbird, am I right in assuming mine will be just a little bit behind yours if I put them in tomorrow morning? I always get messed up on what is the "first day".
    Hey,lol, my duck eggs are from Tattoo as well!!! They will be here by the weekend or the earlier part of the week.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by