Eggs are on day 18 but dont take up whole egg? is somthing wrong?

They should be fine.
Mine all didn't take up their entire eggs on day 18, turns out they were all just late bloomers.. now day 26, and just started getting an active hatch.
3/17 are out right now
smile.png

one pipped, the rest wigglers.

If it is a larger egg, sometimes they don't fill it up, but they hatch okay. I have killed a few perfectly healthy chicks by cracking open eggs I thought had quit. I say if the egg is not smelling, leave it in there until a couple days after hatch due day. Sometimes there is a cooler spot in the incubator, even those with fans, and the chick may be developing just a little slower than the others and still be fine. Good luck! Post what happens. Oh, and if they are okay, you should e able to see them wiggling and kicking when you candle at that age if there is still room. If you GENTLY tap the egg or stimulate the chick, and it is just sloshy in there, it's probably a goner.

Ah oh good. I was just about to post the same question. Mine are at about the same day. I was able to see inside the large white eggs. There was a dark spot on a little over 2/3 of the egg. With the blank area on an end of the egg. I was not able to detect movement thought, should I see them wiggling around? Another question, Tokajein said day 26? For chickens? Mine are under a hen and this is her first time(mine too), should I let her sit an extra week if nothing happens this sunday, which will be day 21?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom