Eggs Are Rockin' and Rollin'

sagefox

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 22, 2008
Western PA
My eggs really started rocking within the past few hours and I can hear peeps coming from them too!!
big_smile.png
So any idea how long it will be now? Can they rock forever or is that a sign of impending hatching??? Please please please say IMPENDING HATCHING!! LOL. I have a headache from sitting there staring into the incubator all night lol. And every time I decide it's time to go to bed...a new egg starts moving and "chirping".. and of course I can't leave it! LOL
lol.png

Checked in at 6:30..nothing new. Went back at 7 and had 3 pips!!
big_smile.png
My daughter and I have been working on the chickens together....so I felt so bad taking her to school this morning...I promised to take alot of pics and I told her that they would probably be hatching all day so she should still catch some of the action later today.
I never knew how painful waiting could be!!
sad.png

FIRST CHICK ARRIVED AT 1:00!!
big_smile.png
It was on of the eggs from a mix of maran, barnevelder and welsummers...so I'm not quite sure which it is yet. One of my silkie eggs isn't far behind..rockin' and chirpin' like crazy...I'm so excited to see the silkie chicks because they came from my sweet girls. This is just too much fun!!
lol.png

Had 2 more hatch this morning...so that makes a total of 6. There's still 4 left...so I'll let them ride for another day or so and see what happens. I'll post some pics in a little bit of my new fluffies
big_smile.png

congrats sage!
We are having classroom hatches and I am living though the teachers now on hatches! The 1st grade teacher has had 3 hatches and 3 pips! whoooho!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom