Eggs are starting to pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenCrazy01, May 3, 2011.

1. ChickenCrazy01

ChickenCrazy01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    We went on lockdown last night and I got up to one egg pipped this morning and this evening the little one has been working but not quite zipped yet. I just noticed that the second egg pipped this evening. I haven't opened the incubator but can see through the window. The third egg I am not sure about but put it on lock down anyway. We are on day 19 today so I will give the egg until Sunday or Monday before I pull it. I will only have 2 maybe 3 chicks for the brooder will that be enough little ones or will I need to get a few more chicks for them?

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    As long as you at least have two that should be fine. They need a buddy!

Resist the urge to open the bator!!!

3. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    thats great! I hope they all hatch for you!

4. ChickenCrazy01

ChickenCrazy01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Thank you for the replies. The urge to open the incubator and "help" is killing me but I just watch through the window. My humidity is around 78-80 but the egg is still just pipped and it has been over 24 hours so I am starting to worry. The chick still chirps and moves some but not as much this morning unless little chickie is just resting. I will sit on my hands and let nature takes it course.

Last edited: May 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by