1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggs Arrived

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ladyomaha, Dec 23, 2011.

1. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    I just received my Very first Shipment of eggs, Now I jsut have to wait, and hope for the best. WOOOHOOO I cant wait to see the Silkies I will have!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    Mine are supposed to be here today too!!!! I'm jumping at the sound of every vehicle driving by lol

3. ladyomaha

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    I guess I am wondering , do I put them in the bator with out turner on counter top til they get to room temp?

4. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    It has been said on here that is best to let them sit for at least 8hrs before you set them...

I know I will be letting them come up to room temp and letting the air cells settle before I begin, just to increase my hatch rate!!!

5. ladyomaha

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    Quote:Thank You for letting me know, I wasnt sure, I read some where to put in bator, just not let them turn for 4 hours. Thanks again....I cant wait.[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by