Eggs Arriving 3/20, any others out there?

Started incubation today 7am, of my 12 eggs shipped to me yesterday which arrived at 10am, 3 of those have un-attached air cells.
sad.png
Well after 16 hours of resting, pointy side down, I put 7 eggs in my Eco Mini Advance this morning and 5 in my Stryobato.

After reading several post on here regarding shipped eggs, I decided to turn off the turning on the Eco Mini for at least 3 days, in the Stryobator, I have the remaining 5 eggs, 2 laying down and the 3 with the un-attached air cells sitting up on the pointy side down, I will not turn these eggs for 7 days, hopefully by then, the air cells will have re-attached.

Both of the bators are holding temps, Eco, spot on at 99.5 humidity 35% as u can see in the pic I have a mini temp/hygrometer in there as well to double check, the stryobator same, holding temp at 99.5, humidity 41% and a temp/hygrometer inside to double check.

I will resist the urge and wait to candle on the 7th day in hope of a good hatch......

More to come.....

Day 3 and both of the bators are holding temps, at 99.5 +/- .2, humidity keeping around 35% for now, after 7 day will raise it to 45%. I have turned on the auto turning on the Eco Mini Advance now, of the 5 eggs in the stryobato, I have now started to turn the 2 without air cell damage and the 3 with air cell damage have just slightly change there pitch 15 degrees, (they are sitting pointy side down), will wait for a full 7 days to do any real turning on those 3 in hope of the air cells re-attaching. Will candle all the eggs on day 5 to check for fertility.

Keeping my fingers crossed
fl.gif

Well today's the day I find out if any or maybe all my eggs are fertile. When I get home will give my hands a good wash and candle the eggs to see where things are. Of the 12 eggs I am hoping for at least 6 to be viable, this is the 5th day of incubation, can't wait to get home!
fl.gif

Well an update on day 6, as is, 6 egg showing distinct development
celebrate.gif
, veining all over and in some cases movement, the 3 eggs with loose air cells not showing any veining at this time, and 1 with blood ring and 2 not showing any development at all
sad.png
. I will candle again on day 10 and check to see if any more progress happens. Oh well so far 6 egg developing of the 12. This is my first time at this and learning a lot throughout it all, hoping all the 6 developing now make it thru to hatch and become happy healthy chickens
thumbsup.gif

OK, here we are, Lock down, 2 days till hopefully the baby chicks hatch! Down to 4 eggs now and last night was up till 4 am, could not sleep, I first checked on the eggs at 12 midnight, removed the turning disk on the incubator and added water to the second reservoir also put down a paper towel so the chicks will have a better floor to stand on. While changing things out and adding more water, I could here the chicks peeping...vry eggcited here, did not go to sleep till 4am!
tongue.png

Exactly 20 days after setting the eggs in the incubator and I come home from work at 10:05p to find this!

I'm so happy
jumpy.gif
, this one was the smallest egg and it had pipped at the wrong end! I was Lil nervous early this morning when I noticed a vry small hole in the egg at the pointy end of the egg at around 7:30am, around 10am it started to have some vry small cracks in the shell, I could here the Lil gay chirping on and off, I read on this site the "Assisted-Hatching Guide" https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

Wow what a great wealth of information! I really learned a lot from this reading about the causes and what to do and not to do! I was lucky with this Lil one, that he made it all on his
own, his shell was cut with a perfect circle, but form the small end!
yippiechickie.gif
I have noticed now that 2 more of the eggs now have small cracks started, both at the air cell end. Will see what the morning brings! I so happy, don't know if I'll be able to sleep!

Well its 7:30a and the Lil guy is doing fine, starting to fluff out, he stands and looks at me then sits down to rest
smile.png
. 2 of the eggs from last night that I noticed around 10p that had piped have increased the initial size of the holes started, but nor more progress, I can here them pepping, still have one egg nothing started as of yet, but tonight at 10p would be the 21st day so
we'll give this one some more time!
This expedience of hatching is so much fun - I'm hooked!
th.gif
Please, Lord, keep me from going overboard with this!!!

Was so tired I did not give an update yesterday! Well the 2 eggs mentioned that had pipped, hatched yesterday around 3p yeah!,
jumpy.gif
the 4th an final egg still has not show any sings of pipping, I will remove the 2 from the bator this morning and add them to the brooder, I'll give the egg more time as today is 6 hours past the 21 day mark. Still have my fingers crossed for this one!
fl.gif

My update finally, been lil busy with the Chickie's and work, but happy to say on Thursday morning 4/11, the final egg pipped "Yeah" and around 3:45p has hatched!
yippiechickie.gif

Well after all this, 23 days ago, me starting with 12 eggs that were shipped, 4 have hatched, I'd say that's pretty good! Vry happy. My next phase now is to continue work on the chicken coop that myself and best friend are building that the lil chickens will call there home.

I'll be starting a new thread for that project and will post it on here soon! I also add some pictures of the newly hatched Chic's as well later today.

Back
Top Bottom