eggs at 103 degrees overnight... any hope?

Invision

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 24, 2014
Washington, Kitsap County
I have 16 Khaki Campbell eggs in my bator and this morning the egg temp was 103... for some reason our power must of flickered and reset the incubator back to it's default temp... they only have a week to go tomorrow, hope I didn't kill them...

fl.gif
You just never know what they might survive. Good luck!

I've had an incubator malfunction last year, the temp read about 120 degrees, I immediately took the top off, and regulated the temp. None of my chicken eggs hatched(6)and only about 20% of the pheasants hatched(about 50 eggs set) but this happened during the last 5-6 days of incubation. Duck eggs are probably different than chickens or pheasants, so it's anyone guess if they will survive.

Last edited:
A lot depends on how long the temperature was that high. What you were measuring was air temperature. The eggs are a lot denser and take a lot longer to heat up. 103 is dangerous but hopefully you caught it in time.

A lot depends on how long the temperature was that high. What you were measuring was air temperature. The eggs are a lot denser and take a lot longer to heat up. 103 is dangerous but hopefully you caught it in time.
Surface temperature of the eggs was 103 on about 9 of them... I got the temp fixed, but they were probably at that temp for 5 hours... I was going to check them when I get home with the float test and see if they are ok... this incubator is making me mad... have had nothing but troubles with it since I bought it... my last hatch out of it I can't believe I got 93% hatch rate with all the issues I had... 29 of 34 quail eggs hatched 4 weeks ago... just ****** if I killed the khakis with only a week to go...

Last edited:
Sorry little Giant, your 1030 model incubator is worthless, it has so many design flaws that cause unstable temperatures... 100% fail on this incubator, it is not stress free nor a set it and forget it..............

Sorry little Giant, your 1030 model incubator is worthless, it has so many design flaws that cause unstable temperatures... 100% fail on this incubator, it is not stress free nor a set it and forget it..............
None of the Little Giants are. They can turn out good hatches, but for the most part they need monitoring. I use an older model LG with fan and egg turner. I have found a place in the house that lets me maintain a pretty steady temp, but I still check it like every hour and even get up at LEAST twice in the night to check it.

Yeah, I'm thinking of taking it apart after this hatch and building a small cabinet incubator. The heater and thermostat work fine and this unit would probably work if I didn't have the turner in there... Turners block so much air flow.

Well I just float tested 4 eggs that were the hottest and they were all rockin N rollin. So guess all is fine for now. I managed to get the incubator stable again at 100 degrees +- .5 degrees. So I'll check the memory of one when I get home and see how bad it gets.... So annoying though.

Back
Top Bottom