eggs cheeping, cause for panic?!!!

Phoenixxx

Songster
8 Years
Aug 8, 2012
Boutilier's Point, Nova Scotia
I'm hatching for the first time ever and a couple times today I heard a baby cheeping. First time I wrote it off as something else but just now I heard it again. Does this mean the baby needs help? Or is it just practicing for when it hatches?

Wonderful! I would occasionally get peeping around day 19, though heard it more often just a little later (20 or 21 depending on whether the chicks were "on time" with their hatching schedules
smile.png
).

I hatched bantams, but can't remember if they hatched earlier than the full sized eggs. Interesting...
D.gif

Wonderful! I would occasionally get peeping around day 19, though heard it more often just a little later (20 or 21 depending on whether the chicks were "on time" with their hatching schedules :) ). 

I hatched bantams, but can't remember if they hatched earlier than the full sized eggs. Interesting... :cd  

Okay, so I don't need to perform an emergency c-section, this is normal? Phew!

Sounds like everything is on track! They should start pipping within a day or two.
yippiechickie.gif
Keep an eye on your humidity. I lost a few when I let the humidity levels fall too low and the membrane dried out. Got stuck to their bodies and became tough as leather so they couldn't break out.
sad.png

Good luck!!!

What is going on is that the chick has internal pipped and has learned to breathe air instead of living in a liquid world. Chicks still in the shell will start talking back and forth with the broody hen before they hatch to start the bonding process after they internal pip. If you tap on the incubator you will likely her an answering peep.

There is no set schedule for how long it will be before you see an external pip or even an egg hatch. You might see an external pip at any time. You might not see any real activity until tomorrow. But get ready. You are about to have some real excitement.

Back
Top Bottom