Eggs Chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Oct 29, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

how long till it pips? its chirping right now

2. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    when mine chirped it had already pipped because i only checked temp, not egg noises.
    The time between internal (when you hear chriping) and external (pecking the shell) pipping can probably take 0-12 hours, considering it can take 24 hours after external pipping to acutally hatch. Good news is your egg is ALIVE!!!!

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i had one hatch 3 days ago from a differnt batch, only egg to hatch, and by the time i saw it it was already halfway out. this egg due today internaly pipped, i can see its beak when i candled it. its chirping away. hopfully it hatches soon. its my only blue orp that made it to lockdown

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Usually it isn't long before the chicks externally pip after they have internally pipped but there are exceptions.

5. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Quote:Same thing with hatching in general. Usually 6-8 hours after external pip when egg hatches, but it can take up to 24-30 hours after pip to hatch (can happen on its own, or because of low moisture).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by