Eggs come out of the turner tonight!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by michiganlarry, Apr 28, 2009.

1. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    Well the end is almost here. My eggs come out of the turner tonight. I am noticing a change in the bator the last couple days. I have had to turn the heat down just a touch and have had to ad water each day for the last couple days. Will fill up both water troughs in the hovabator tonight. Also will do our final candling and toss out the clears. My 16 year old wants to use them as targets for his bb gun!!

I had to go check this morning before going to work to make sure no one was being an early bird. Still looked all peacefull in there.

Stay tuned!! [​IMG]

2. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    The "wait" begins! Wish I were on day 18. lol .... 8 days behind ya! Best of luck for a great hatch![​IMG]

3. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I just had 10 out of 14 hatch in my home made bator and these were shipped eggs from CA to NH so good luck on your hatch.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    guess what? once they hatch, you'll have room for MORE eggs! [​IMG]

5. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    How did I know that was coming at some point!!!!

[​IMG]

The wild thing is as I was putting the pine chips in the brand new coop last night I was thinking to myself " there is that old playhouse out in the woods that would make a halfway decent coop"

Am I addicted now???

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:hee hee! um, play houses are awesome! we have one that we're using currently and another we just were given that will be put up asap.

yes. addicted. in a good way, of course! [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] Happy Hatching!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by