Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possum

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Coon

• Other

• Total voters
When I was having a mouse problem, they were breaking the top off the eggs with their teeth. I would usually only find the shell. No eggs mess anywhere. Then one night I shut the coop up after it got dark. When I shined my flashlight inside to count the birds there were little mice everywhere. In the nestboxes, the feed container and the water. No more food left in the coop YUCK
sickbyc.gif

if just the end of the egg is bitten off.. and the edges of the shell are busted down.. it's a skunk.. they only take off the end and as they stuff their nose in they crumple the edges

a coon tends to bite the egg in half..but they also remove the egg from the nest and move off a bit of a distance before eating

a opossum leaves chewed up shell remains behind.. they are rather messy when it comes to eggs

a mink or weasel also bites off the end.. they dont usually crumple the edges though... you'll find tiny teeth marks around the edges

a fox will break a hole into an egg just big enough for them to lick out the contents

Back
Top Bottom