Eggs, dark layer x Barred Rock, dark layer x dark layer

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kansaseq, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Title says it all. Would like to purchase about 12 or less hatching eggs from a dark egg layer crossed with a barred rock or a different dark layer breed. Please let me know what you have and how much. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    My Neighbor has BR and Austros with a BR rooster.

3. Kansaseq

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I didn't think Austrolorps laid dark eggs?

4. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Later in the year I will have RIR X BCM's if that is something you might like. Now they are all running together, but will be penned soon and then in about a month I will have eggs or even baby chicks. PM me if you are interested. I have hatched several of these "project" birds and they make a striking hen, and the eggs are good sized, and about 2 shades darker than the pale RIR's. My RIR's are NOT show quality though.

HenZ

5. Kansaseq

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Lotzahens, thank you for responding. That does sound like a very pretty mix,with nicely colored eggs. I actually just set some eggs last night: 3 Cuckoo Marans x Wheaten Marans, and 11 of either Blue or Barred Rock x Wheaten Marans. Pretty much exactly what I was wanting to try, so I'm excited about the outcome. And most will hopefully be sex-linked, so I won't have to feed a bunch of cockerels [​IMG] If anyone's interested, I will post pics when they hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by