Eggs due - I'm sitting on my hands :) Updating with PICS... +Video

Now there are 4... the barred rock and 3 buff orpingtons have hatched. Will post pics later on this morning or this afternoon
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

june2010080.jpg

Here is the barred rock and one buff orpington. The others are still in the incubator. These 2 are in my inside small brooker. When they are stronger in a day or so I will move them to the brooder in the shed.

Last edited:
jumpy.gif

Now 5, a Delaware just hatched. These are all hatching from the incubator with the fan. There is still no action in the still air. They were set the same time. I also candled them and removed duds so I guess they are just behind and will come when they come. Although I was hoping they'd all hatch at the same time, they did look to be a day or so behind at the last candling.

june2010082.jpg

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Barred Rock is the black one in the back, then next to it the Delaware has a nice yellow color (blonde)
The Buff Orpingtons look like Strawberry-Blondes.

Still waiting on those other eggs to hatch. Last night one woke me up every few hours in the little hatch frenzy they get themselves into.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
clap.gif
They're soooooooooooo adorable.
love.gif

Congrats on a successful hatch thus far.

How cool it is to be able to watch them pip and hatch.
Putting an incubator on my "wish list".

Now there are 8 chicks and 4 pipping right now. Still going. Unfortunately due to a power outage I suspect as many as 20-25 eggs have died. But, the hatch continues.
I candled the eggs in the still air machine after the power went out. 4 had movement so I moved them over to the incubator with the fan and left the others in. I'll run it for a few more days just in case there are some alive. Those 4 are the ones pipping now. Unfortunately, I did not get any black australorp or rhode island reds to hatch this time around. They were shipped so it could have been the post office... or the power outage, who knows. But it seems like the barred rock and buff orpington are doing the best.

The count now is
2 Barred Rock
2 Delaware
4 Buff Orpington

June2010083.jpg

The new barred rock started to pip at the wrong end so I helped it a bit by opening up the pip hole wider and put it back in. Then it pushed itself out about 8 hours later.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad you all like the pics. Good News. Another Barred Rock just hatched and I have a Delaware who is enlarging the hole in her shell. Also one more pip and 2 more eggs rocking. Its almost day 23 now (I think) and the hatching continues. So I have 9 hatched now and it looks like the next will hatch very soon.

Back
Top Bottom