Eggs due to hatch tomorrow - but I am sick with flu!

Sunyoung

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 25, 2011
Oregon
As I stated in the title, I have eggs that I set in December that are due to hatch tomorrow - and I am sick with the flu. Besides washing my hands a lot, should there be any other precautions I should take to ensure that I don't affect the health of my chicks? This is the first time hatching out eggs for me and I am super nervous to begin with - now with being sick, I am even more nervous.

Thank you all for any advice.
smile.png

Hi! I am assuming the same as you would in any case. Wash hands thoroughly and dont cough on them... I so hope you feel better soon! Did you have any hatching or pips yet>?

We have one that pipped 3 hours ago and one that looks like it's starting to pip the last time I checked (a few minutes ago). No other progress as of yet, but that doesn't stop me from having my face glued to the incubator.

Thank you so much!

We have one that pipped 3 hours ago and one that looks like it's starting to pip the last time I checked (a few minutes ago). No other progress as of yet, but that doesn't stop me from having my face glued to the incubator.

Thank you so much!
I had ducks hatch yesterday morning, talk about flat nose!! he he he!! THEY ARE so freakin cute I cant stand it!!!

pics pics!!

This is from 3 and a half hours ago - not much change in it since. It's my only one that wasn't shipped and is at least half Jersey Giant (from my dad's flock). The one to the left of it has started to barely crack its shell.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow morning.

Forgot to ask. I don't hear any chirping - is this normal? This is my first time hatching and I've been so nervous about it - that they are not chirping and also worried about humidity levels.

As of ten minutes ago...
wee.gif

The black marks on the side of the shell are part of a silly face that my dad drew when he gave me the egg.
roll.png

ETA: There is one other that has pipped too. And I hear just a tiny bit of peeping earlier.

Last edited:
As of ten minutes ago...
wee.gif

The black marks on the side of the shell are part of a silly face that my dad drew when he gave me the egg.
roll.png

ETA: There is one other that has pipped too. And I hear just a tiny bit of peeping earlier.
YAY!!!!!!!! your gonna have peeps!!!

Here she (because if you call it a she, it will become a she... right?
idunno.gif
) is about five hours ago.

Still the only one hatched, but we have four pips and are now waiting for the last pip. Hopefully will have more chicks tonight.
The hatched chick is way more active than I thought she'd be and is much more dried off now.

Back
Top Bottom