Eggs due tomorrow. (22/4/12) Will they be shrink wrapped again? Humidity advice!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellysmall87, Apr 21, 2012.

1. kellysmall87

kellysmall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nervous. Tomorrow I am due to hatch some Polish Frizzles. Two are under my broody silkie - she would only accept two - and the other three are under the incubator. Last hatch, I only incubated one egg as it was my first time. It was shrink wrapped. I had to help it hatch. It was very poorly. It's ok now though - she/he is thriving!

Tomorrow will the three be shrink wrapped? Hmm. I hope not. Any humidity advice greatly appreciated, I don't know if I have to create more or less humidity during incubation. Humidity currently on 75%.

2. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    are you doing the dry method or with a fan? I'm doing the fan and right now my humidity is at 65, I already have one Phoenix chick hatch, he wasn't due until Sunday. I guess the little stinker couldn't wait... I have 9 more to go, I have one that has cracked and is working on getting out.. What is your temp on, if you have a fan do you have the fan hitting the eggs? That would cause shrink wrap even if the humidity is up..

3. kellysmall87

kellysmall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, Thanks for replying! I guess that I am doing the dry method... there is no fan. The temp is high, just under 40f. So is your Phoenix too early then? :)

4. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Yes my Phoenix is early and has been driving me crazy all night with his chirping I kept waking up to check on him to make sure his ok and he is. He just doesn't have the patients of waiting for the rest ...lol. He very small, I think that maybe why he came out so soo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by