EGGS EGGS and MORE EGGS!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cdawson41, Sep 9, 2010.

1. cdawson41

cdawson41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    Absolutely so excited today. We have been getting on average 3 eggs a day. Went out this morning and there was 1, went out about mid afternoon and there were 2, went out this evening with DH and there were 3. WOOO HOOO 6 eggs in one day.........this is just the beginning! [​IMG]

2. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Awesome!

3. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    hehe congratulations!
    Its such a pleasure to return home from the chicken nest with eggs in hands or pockets, i always do that with a wide smile

I call it "my daily pleasure" [​IMG]

My chickens call it the daily robbery [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. cdawson41

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:LOL It makes me happy we live out in the country so no one see's (other than family) me coming in from the coop doing the happy egg dance. It's way too much fun!

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Congrats! It's always a great moment when you find the first batches of eggs. [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Wonderful - [​IMG]

7. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    Quote:My 3 year watched Hannah Montana - and "miley" put eggs in her pocket and they were crushed during a comic moment... she will really get upset if we put eggs in our pockets

She has a special "egg basket" - and luckily she can crawl down low and get em... we just had to cushion the basket !

8. cdawson41

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:My 3 year watched Hannah Montana - and "miley" put eggs in her pocket and they were crushed during a comic moment... she will really get upset if we put eggs in our pockets

She has a special "egg basket" - and luckily she can crawl down low and get em... we just had to cushion the basket !

I had to get a special egg basket also. Our 3 yr old grandson likes to help get the eggs. We went out just a bit before 1 this afternoon and had 5 already today. [​IMG] Wooo Hooo The girls ROCK!

9. damarisgw

damarisgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009

I had something like that happen to me once lol i went to.get the eggs before one of my classes last november and put one in the middle pocket of my sweater , i forgot about it till i was getting to the college and put my keys in the pocket and felt the egg i felt like such a dork lol

10. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I had something like that happen to me once lol i went to.get the eggs before one of my classes last november and put one in the middle pocket of my sweater , i forgot about it till i was getting to the college and put my keys in the pocket and felt the egg i felt like such a dork lol

If you were in Wal Mart, you could go to the nearest associate and say, "I just found this," and give it to them. Just imagine what mental gyrations they'd go thru to figure out what to do with it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by