Eggs, eggs! I am inundated with eggs! (Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams)

Funky Feathers

former Fattie
11 Years
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
My Coop
My Coop
They are laying like crazy and nobody is buying- Why?? I thought this was a popular chicken? They are sooo pretty, why no one wants my eggs?
pics are on my website. I just don't get it.
hmm.png

I don't speak for everyone, but it is starting to snow....I was highly uncomfortable with my last egg shipment, which I received surrounded by little puffs of snow. I know other people say they don't want chicks in the winter....just some possibilities.

I want your eggs!

I just can't afford them
hide.gif

Seems like most of the high-dollar auctions are failing right now; even the dark-egg auctions are not making anything close to what they were a couple of months ago.

I know they're WORTH it - everybody is excited about the variety. I think it's just hard right now because of the holidays. I have EEs hatching on Monday - I'll PM you to check and see if you still have a shippable bunch then. But I bet if you drop the price on the existing auction or relist it a little lower, they'll go.

I thought people would be comfortable enough by now. I have been selling these for months (since Spring), and no complaints, all my customers have had excellent hatch rates and been happy with the chicks they hatched out! And my prices were low long enough, or so I thought. I have been seeing other people get $50 a dozen and wondering why I can't get the same. My eggs are just as good if not better. Fertility is 98% here, and 85-90% shipped. Why should mine be so much cheaper?
hmm.png

I'm thinking about adding them to my bator! Was hoping for a check today to do it but won't see it until Monday.I have no problem with the price I know the quality of the birds and you get what you pay for.
wink.png

Quote:
Rio_Lindo_AZ gave you very good advice. The majority of people don't think 6 months of selling is a long track record. Try lowering the price, selling out every hatch, then raising your price to market slowly... By that time you will be one of the "other guys" that gets the full price! Good luck. I would buy a dozen, but then my 4 egg omelette's would be way too expensive!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom