Eggs for Sale Flyer

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MayberrySaint, Jul 9, 2007.

1. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    I am getting ready to have eggs coming out my ears...about 2 doz a day. I'd like to sell to my neighbors and an wondering if anyone had designed an "eggs for sale" flyer that I could give them. If anyone has any that they have used in the past, please email to me if you don't mind. I am looking for inspiration...

2. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    if this helps... when I was ready to sale eggs all I done was paint "fresh eggs" on a piece of particle board and stick it up by the road.. think it costed $2.00 for the spray paint (I used two colors) and had to take the sign down a week later.. there was so many ppl wanting eggs I just couldnt keep up.. they still come for eggs and the sign has been down for a long time.. and it was an ugly sign if I do say so myself...lol...

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    That's what the lady up the street from me does. Just a plain piece of wood painted to say brown eggs $1 a doz.

4. ncflowerpower

ncflowerpower Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2007
    I just asked around the office and word of mouth gave me way too many buyers. I now have a waiting list for eggs, some have been on it years, just in case I have an extra dozen. I have 5 regular customers.

Good luck, it's fun to share your eggs! [​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My peeps aren't even laying yet and I have people who want any extras we get. What's a fair price? I know what stores charge for free-range organic eggs, and was considering a price between that and industrial eggs.
    Also, when you sell eggs do you ask buyers to supply their own egg cartons?

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    When I give my eggs away to friends I ask for the empty carton and if they want more I ask them to bring a empty. Works out good as they are hard to find & I don't want to have to buy them.

7. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Quote:Unfortunately I can't put a sign out...I live in downtown Mount Airy. Most of my neighbors are in apartments or condos (transient), so there isn't a lot of neighborhood bonding. I was going to design a flyer and put it in my nearest neighbors mailboxes. What I has hoping for was some chicken or egg clip art. I haven't found any on the internet.

8. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a question about putting a sign by the road: Don't people show up at all hours? I feel like I would have to be on guard all the time if people will be knocking on the door. What if I'm in the shower or something???

Maybe I'm just a basketcase anyway....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    They dont show up late if thats what you mean.. I have some that calls to see if I have any available.. they usually show up early in the day.. if I wanna go somewhere they can come back.. I dont feel on guard... I had to buy egg cartons , misprints, (way to many, I thought about selling some) but they were cheap.. and instead of asking 1.00 a dozen because I had to buy cartons I ask 1.25 .. but believe it or not most of my customers freely give me $1.50-2.00.. I dont argue..lol..

Heres where I got my cartons..

http://www.eggboxes.com/item--200-Misprinted-Pillow-Egg-Cartons--pillo-misprint.html

Oh sorry.. you wanted clip art.. I found this somewhere and saved cause I thought it was cute...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  10. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by