Eggs For Sale Sign Ideas

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by afveteran88, Jul 13, 2011.

1. afveteran88

afveteran88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Deerfield, Michigan
    I'm getting ready to make my "Eggs for Sale" sign and need some ideas. I will have both brown and white eggs and need something flashy to put me ahead of the competition. Most people around here just have a small sign with the word "eggs $2 doz" I need something that will catch people eyes.
    If you have any pictures please send them. I have even thought about solar lights on the sign. any ideas????

2. DOnSoCalOC

DOnSoCalOC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    [​IMG] EGGScellent Protein [​IMG]
    4 Sale!!!
    Cheep! Cheep! Cheep!
    $2/doz

Centered of course. Price accordingly. Red lettering on Yellow background really stands out.

[​IMG]

3. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    How about
    Fresh
    Cage Free
    Homegrown
    Free Range

assuming those things are true of course. All those things add to the price of eggs around here!

4. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I use "Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Hens" with a drawing of a chicken on it.

5. DOnSoCalOC

Oct 27, 2010
    Quote:I like that! "...Spoiled Hens..." Maybe one day I will use something to that extent.

[​IMG]

6. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Not sure I would use the word "spoiled" - might leave the wrong impression. [​IMG]

How about...Farm Fresh Eggs from Free Range Chickens [​IMG]

7. afveteran88

afveteran88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Deerfield, Michigan
    Thanks for all the idea. Keep them coming.
    I like the "Free Range" and Farm Fresh sayings.
    How about picture or drawings?

8. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    In my area I have to be careful what I say on a sign. So I bought a kitchen sign with a chicken sitting on a nest and it said Farm Fresh Eggs. I glued some sphaganum moss onto the nest for an added touch. I would hang that on my fence post in front of my house. Then I made a little sign to hang below it that said yes on one side and no on the other. Then I just turn that to yes if I have eggs and no if I don't. Like a motel with their vacancy sign. I didn't know if people would get it or not, but they did! And they loved it as when it said no, they didn't bother coming to the door. They fell apart last winter though, so I have to make new ones for this year. I am considering only selling eggs on Saturday mornings from now on as it gets wearing having a constant trail of people to my door each day. So I will probably do something similar and then make another sign that says Saturday mornings from 8 to 11 or whatever. HTH!

9. DOnSoCalOC

Oct 27, 2010
    Quote:HA, HA, HA! I get it now. [​IMG]
    I guess it wouldn't be so great to use the term "spoiled" after all.

10. MyShunshyn

MyShunshyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    Hi, I am an Artist who works from home and I would love to work with you on a design for your egg sign and anyone else who might be interested. Feel free to contact me or check out my work onmy website..... MyShunshyn-Arts.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by