Eggs from Her REAL Soon? Here's Holly

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Again, I have several lovely Barred Rock ladies from helmstead's wonderful rooster Mister and his women, four 19-week-old pullets named Holly, Hannah, Maddie and Bess. Holly and Maddie have really red combs, are squatting and run around sounding very hormonal. My Blue Ameraucana, Charlotte's daughter, Gypsy along with my Buff Brahma, Caroline's daughter with Suede, Glenda, are also the same age, as is my Black Orp girl, Delilah. Anyway, here is Holly-isn't her barring lovely? These girls are always a delight. My two girls Amanda and Becca are also Mister's daughters. Thank you, Kate! Hawkeye was producing some beautiful babies with Amanda and Becca when he passed away, sadly. Doesn't Holly look ready to lay?
DCP_0035Holly.jpg

She's gorgeous. I'm going to get some BR next time I order chicks.
I had ordered 2 BR previously but they were boys so I rehomed them.

Thank you, I'm in love with these girls, especially Maddie and Holly. It's hard to resist buying hatchery BRs, but the ones I'm hatching here with the lines from Kate's flock are so much nicer than the ones I got straight from Ideal (sorry Ivy!). Lexie's from Ideal and her barring is crisp, but it's more like a cockerel's barring and her size is really in between standard and bantam, she's so small bodied. These girls are wide-bodied with very nice barring and they've improved my Barred Rock stock.
**Well, you got some nice ones, though. From Kelly, huh? Now, since Zane is hurt and may not recover, I'll have to wait for his brothers to grow up. And the oldest is only three weeks old!

Last edited:
wow these are beautiful birds speckled hen hope that you get a beautiful barred rock rooster coming up to spend time with your beautiful ladies. Holly certainly looks like she is going to lay soon.

Good Luck,
Henry

Back
Top Bottom