1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

EGGS HATCHED waiting on the ducks now/Pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by VOX, Nov 11, 2010.

1. VOX

VOX Chirping

Hey everyone it been a feew weeks since i posted anything,

(yes this is a duck forum but i told people i would update them on my chicken eggs im hatching out of my homemade incubator) 2 chickens hatched last night! Now we are waiting on the 2 duckys to hatch!!!

(These two just hatched last night)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK and also you guys remember my duck Gilbert ill refresh you memories and for some people who dont know...this is him -

[​IMG]

hes alot bigger now but i want to show yall this old picture of him that i found the other day. I told yall he had a pink money that he loves, look at him in this pic lol

[​IMG]

Wheres Gilbert? LOL

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Songster

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I was wondering how you and Gilbert (aka Ducky) were doing. I hope you get your baby ducks soon! They take their time hatching from what I've seen on BYC.

3. VOX

VOX Chirping

Yeah around 28 days... so excited. Gilbert i think is mad at me [​IMG]. Cuz he knows theres other chickens/ducks around and he sees me pick them up(i dont handle then to much for thier safety) and now i think he jealous [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  4. VOX

VOX Chirping

oh and i lol'ed at your (aka Ducky) hehe i guess i used "Ducky" to much haha. well now that i know for sure his gender hes Gilbert now. When the others hatch they will be "Duckys" till i figure out the gender XD

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Songster

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    There is a wild duckling I officially named "Ducky" and he kinda responds to it. I used to call him the "lost" duckling because he disappeared for a while and I thought he was gone for good (I thought the hawks caught him). But, he showed up a few weeks later and even still had a fuzzy behind, too..

6. VOX

VOX Chirping

Lol glad that duck is safe but guess what. Above i said waiting on the 2 ducks? ONE JUST HATCHED 10 min ago!!! look! the other one is almost out too! and the two chickens (shown above that hatched before them cuz chicken have a sooner hatch time then ducks) love him!

[​IMG]

7. VOX

VOX Chirping

as you also see in the pic theres is 2 mores eggs, the one on the right is the duck soon to hatch in i would say 30 min because hes almost broke all the way thorugh. But the tiny egg in the left i think in a ginny agg. dunno how you spell ginny but im not sure if its going to hatch cuz i dont know what temp and humidty ginny eggs need to be at. Dident know it was a ginny egg till about 5 days ago. by now its too late. hope it will hatch tho. if not theres nothing i can do about it [​IMG]

8. VOX

VOX Chirping

Omg Never Mind About To 30 Min. He Just Hatched!!!! And Hes Black Too!

9. VOX

VOX Chirping

the one on the right just hatched

[​IMG]

10. VOX

VOX Chirping

Look the baby chickens are like " whats these things?" lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by