Eggs hatching and i am out of town!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marie_martin, Nov 4, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Boy do I hate this. I just talked to dh and there are chicks hatching out and I can't be there. This stinks so bad. But I had to go for training for my job and had already set the eggs. Seems they are doing better with me gone though. Oh well, as long as they hatch. I will go home friday so I will get to see them. Keep me and my eggies in your thoughts.

Marie

2. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

That is such a bummer! Make sure he takes pics [​IMG]

I had a similar problem this year, and it did seem like a case of out of sight out of mind, much more relaxing.

3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Oh I was going to get him to take some with his phone but he would never figure out how to send them to me if he figured out how to take the pics, he does good to use that phone, lol. I will get him to take some with my camera though and I will have them when I get home.

Marie

4. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Hope you get a good hatch! [​IMG]

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I find the stress is less if I'm not actually there. LOL I can't be tempted to hover and worry myself sick over every little thing.

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, I talked to dh and there are about 15 chicks so far. He is doing great helping me. I am so shocked. I have no idea of course what is hatching. But I guess I will find out tomorrow night!

Marie

7. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hi Marie! That totally stinks that you are not there to see them hatch, they are doing good so thats great!!! Good luck with your new babies!!!! Post pics please when you get home!!! Chrissie

8. Hi Marie!
    What a great surprise to come home to. Have a safe trip.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

9. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a bummer! It's good that the hatch is going well though. You'll just have to play with the fuzzy butts more to make up the time your missing now! House work, chores, what are those? There's fuzzy butts to play with! [​IMG]

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks everyone. Will update as things change.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by