Eggs hatching early?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Southernsam, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Southernsam

Southernsam New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    We had our first broody hen, so we got 9 eggs to put under her since we don't have a roo. After candling we still have 8. Our first one hatched maybe today? We are only on day 15-16. That seems really early. When candling it looked like a few might have been a little ahead. Will she stay on the nest long enough for the others to hatch? She will be kept in the coop for a few days after the other ladies leave in the morning to get the littles acquainted before I let them in the run. We are in Ga, so it has been pretty warm this month if that makes a difference. Is there anything that I need to do? Thanks!

2. Southernsam

Southernsam New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    I just went to see if any others have hatched and by what I could see none have pipped yet. I only got a glance since she didn't want me around ;)

3. Southernsam

Southernsam New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    Candled the remaining eggs and they are more on track with hatching later this week. Will she stay on the nest or abandon the eggs in a day or so since one has hatched. The others are still alive. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by