eggs hatching HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FTLJORGE, Jan 25, 2009.

1. FTLJORGE

FTLJORGE Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    AVON PARK
    MY EGGS STOPPED HATCHING WHAT DO I DO ???????[​IMG]

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    What do you mean, they stopped hatching? Have they pipped? What's going on with them?

3. FTLJORGE

Jan 25, 2009
    AVON PARK
    YES THEY PIPPED BUT THAT WAS 11HRS AGO AND NOTHING NEW SINCE [​IMG]

4. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    It can take a long time after they pip. They rest and absorb the yolk after they pip so should be fine. It can take over 24 hours after pip to hatch, some longer. Just make sure your humidity is up and don't open the bator.

5. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Yep tha's right ! If you can get water in without opening the bator great. Try to keep Hum up so they don't stick to the shell. I use a straw and dribble warm water in the vent hole and then put the plugs right back in. Good luck and be patient !

6. FTLJORGE

Jan 25, 2009
    AVON PARK
    OH I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP..

I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION WHEN I CANDLE THESE EGGS ON FRIDAY ALL OF THEM HAD BABIES INSIDE , AND ONLY 5 HAVE PEPED IS THAT BAD NEWS

7. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    No some are just slow, probably wants to be last. What day are you on? Try not to worry to much, it seems like that makes it last alot longer, they know its bothering you.

8. FTLJORGE

Jan 25, 2009
    AVON PARK
    WELL THEY STARTED HATCHING EARLY

THEY STARTED ON THE 18TH DAY( JANUARY25TH) , THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO HATCHE ON JANUARY 28TH

9. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    If the pips are that early, you definitely have nothing to worry about yet with the un-pipped chicks -- they just don't want to come out yet. I read somewhere that the trigger for pipping had to do with the amount of gases built up inside the shell and the chick's need for more oxygen. That could have something to do with the early pips not zipping -- the chicks needed air, now that they've got a fresh supply they can wait a little longer before finishing the hatch, getting stronger while they rest. Hatching too soon, before the yolk has been completely absorbed would have been bad. Be encouraged, it sounds like you're ok. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by