Eggs hatching Saturday!! Humidity issues :(

Discussion in 'Quail' started by friskebluegills, Aug 31, 2010.

1. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    I have 55 coturnix quail eggs that are supposed to hatch saturday. The humidity in the incubator has been perfect until yesturday when it has spiked to 75% I can't get it down. I've tried everything, I've even taken out all of the water. I'm just using a styro foam one and this is my first experience with quial eggs, but I have always had really good hatch rates with chicken and guinea eggs. I got these eggs shipped to me, so I know that that will probably reduce my hatch rates, but will the humidy hurt them?

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Check your hygrometer. Digital hydros fail often, and are mostly inaccurate.

I only use analog well calibrated hygrometers now.

3. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    I know that the humidity reading thing is working , because everytime I open the lid it falls pretty fast. It is pretty humid here right now, so I'm wondering if that is the problem, but it says our house is only 55% I have the plugs out of the vent holes in the incubator. Tomorrow is my lock down day and I think I'm supposed to raise it 70% then anyways, right? [​IMG] Do you think they will be hurt being more humid 2 days early? [​IMG] I really hope not, like I said before this is my first time dealing with shipped eggs and quial eggs, so I'm very nervous, but also really excited [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by