1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eggs hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by whitecra, Jul 31, 2008.

1. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have a silkie hen that has 7 eggs and they are hatching now. Also I have 35 eggs in the bator that is due to hatch on Monday. What an exciting time we are having here. This hen started out with 11 eggs and 4 have come up missing. Now where to be found. I put her and the rest of her eggs in the garage today when I noticed they were hatching.
    Chris

2. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Congrats and the best of luck with the rest of your hatch on Monday!!! It's really exciting and it never gets boring ( we've done 3 hatches with chickens and are now on our first hatch of ducks!) [​IMG]

3. whitecra

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Well I just checked on the hen and she has 2 babies. There is 5 eggs left to hatch. My eggs in the bator are moving around so I know they are getting ready to hatch. They are due Monday but I think it will be this weekend from the way they are moving around already.
    Chris

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats on the babies and wishing you luck on the new ones to come [​IMG]

5. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    I have one pipping and three wiggling abit - these are an experiment I tried - I got 12 fresh brown eggs from a local farmstand ($2 doz) and the gal there had RIR's and popped them into the homemade bator.
    I'll let you know what comes out, today is Day #21.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Congrats on the pip [​IMG]

And Good Luck with your hatch [​IMG]

7. whitecra

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I just checked on her and there is now 5 babies and 2 eggs left to hatch. These 2 eggs are chirping loudly.
    Chris

8. whitecra

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    She hatched out all 7 of her eggs. They are so cute. She is very proud of them.
    Chris

9. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome, Chris! Congrats!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by