Eggs in California?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muddipuppy, Jan 22, 2010.

1. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    Does anyone sell fertile eggs in Northern California? I'm in the middle of silicon valley and I swear there is not a rooster for miles and miles and miles.

2. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Lord, I could give you a rooster or 2 if you were closer. Matter of fact we had a "drive by'' last night ...yelp, 3 bantam roosters were dropped off in front of my house. I hope you find what you are looking for. If my girls were laying I would surely send you some, but everybody is on strike here.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    They are out there...but if you can't find anyone, let me know, I'm just in Oregon, so it would be a short ship... [​IMG]

4. NapsWithChickens

NapsWithChickens ZZZZzzzzz....

Feb 22, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hi there~

I have roos and am FINALLY getting fertiled eggs from my frizzle cochin trios!!! Yippee! I also get an occasional egg from my Mille Fleur Leghorn trio.

BUT... they've all only started to lay and I have no idea what the fertility is. I haven't even incubated any of mine yet. [​IMG] ... Mostly that's because my house is for sale and I'm trying to keep chickens/chicks and eggs out of the laundry room. (I didn't realize how hard that would be! LOL)

Good luck in your search!

5. countrychics

countrychics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    south boston virginia
    [​IMG] always trust in ebay and craigs list for great fertile eggs from small breeders. we buy and sell on there all of the time..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by