Eggs in Classroom (New Pics of duckling and gosling)

tataharris

Songster
12 Years
Jul 28, 2007
Calvin, Oklahoma
This is my 3rd year to hatch chicken eggs in my 2nd Grade classroom. My students just love it.
I'm pretty new to BYC, but I love this place!!!!
love.gif

Last year I hatched 32 dominecker eggs.... it was really great. I still have 10 and my mom and some other family have the others.
I am a die hard chicken lover..... (Is that crazy?)
jumpy.gif
lol.png

Last edited:
We are in the first week of incubating about 42 eggs - a mix of banties, domineckers, RIR, etc. Most of these eggs came from my mom's chickens.
We have 1 duck egg that a friend gave me.....
big_smile.png

I have let 2 teacher this year borrow my incubators! A first grade class and my daughters 2nd grade class!!
The first grade class is having a staggared hatch one due to hatch this friday and thenn Wed of next week.
My daughters 2nd grade class is due Thursday of next week! It is so crazy@!
Have fun with it! I am going to give them a presentation of chicks so wish me luck!
smile.png

I wish all of you guys luck as well!

jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Here is our first egg to pip.......
firstpip.jpg

This is the first egg... a little further along.....
firstegg.jpg

2nd Egg to pip....
2ndpip.jpg

The students were all very excited to hear the baby start peeping while it is still in the egg.....
lol.png

Here is the first one to come out......
D.gif

chicks001.jpg

Here he/she is all dry and fluffy.....
ya.gif

chicks005.jpg

A couple of pics of the other first ones.....
woot.gif

There are still several in the incubator hatching away.....
chicks007.jpg

chicks006.jpg

It is so cool when schools do that sort of thing... Live Science. Great photos, too!

My aunt taught kindergarden for 20 years, and always hatched out some quail. They were released around my house and we now have a booming quail population. I am supposed to receive another batch of quail in May from the new kindergarden teacher, and am looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Michelle

So cute! Those kids will remember that forever - what a great lesson for them.

I did a hatching egg project with my son's 2nd grade class this year and it was so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom