Eggs in my bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Clay In Iowa, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Headed for the bator 16 Black copper Maran and 5 Black Ameraucana.
    [​IMG]

Time to close it up and ..uuuugghhh.. wait.
    [​IMG]

A few seemed a little small but over all I'm pretty happy with them. I ordered 12 BCM eggs, got 4 extra and the Americana eggs for free.

It's been a bout 12 hours... is it too soon to candle??? [​IMG] Did I mention I have waiting??? [​IMG]

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    You could candle - but you might be a little dissappointed [​IMG]

I'm gonna mapquest wilton and come hunt your house down and steal the whole incubator!

The amearacauna eggs are purty! It looks like they go with your decor.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Funny.

Is that a sportsman I see there with those pretty eggs?

4. Clay In Iowa

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Mahonri,

Nope it's a humidaire. I got it for free which is how I had money came from for BCM eggs. I wasn't planning to get them for a year or two but since I didn't have spend any money on a bator.....

pbjmaker,

That very old decor will soon be a distant memory ( I can't stand that floor). We are renovating the entire house. It's a 109 year only farm house and in need of some work. So far we've finished the dinning room and living room. Lots of work on the walls and new 3/4" Oak flooring (soon to be through out). We're currently working on the kids room and a spare bed room upstairs. If you could see the finished rooms it would look much better. My wife and I both really love color there won't be a white wall in the place when we're done.

5. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Muhahahah you just gave me more information so that I can find your house to steal the bator and eggs.... [​IMG]

6. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    I want some marans in the worst way. The dark brown eggs are beautiful. [​IMG]

I finally got downsized to a few breeds and here I am thinking about adding again [​IMG] Maybe we can work out some kind of a trade someday with some marans and blue orpingtons. Good luck on your hatch [​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I want some too - I tried hatching some eggs last month and only got one Marans - unfortunately he is a roo. (I love him and his long legs anyway- but he can't lay eggs)

8. Clay In Iowa

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Quote:Blue Orpingtons are on my short list of breeds I want. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by