Eggs in soiled bedding for 2 weeks safe to eat?

carissang

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2017
We use deep litter method and went out of town for two weeks. Our house sitter did not turn the bedding or collect eggs as agreed. So we returned to a mountain of eggs buried in very soiled, damp ammonia stench bedding. Are these eggs still edible or would they absorb bacteria in these conditions?

Agreed. These eggs need to be properly disposed of. Perhaps buried deep in the soil in an out of the way location.

As for the person who was supposed to be tending your flock. I do hope that your birds at least received feed and water. And, I do hope you did not pay them, and will never let them care for your animals again. Did you express your displeasure???

U
Agreed. These eggs need to be properly disposed of. Perhaps buried deep in the soil in an out of the way location.

As for the person who was supposed to be tending your flock. I do hope that your birds at least received feed and water. And, I do hope you did not pay them, and will never let them care for your animals again. Did you express your displeasure???

Yes, definitely did not pay them and they will not be watching again! Luckily feed and water did get replenished, bare minimums. Eggs are buried, coop has now been thoroughly cleaned and chx are happy again.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom