Eggs in temp

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ezbird, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Well my incubator been acting up lately and yesterday I noticed the temp. gauge reading at a 103 degree, I have a fan in there. Anyway, so I opened up the door to cool it off a bit. My question is will the eggs be ok after being in a 103 for about 3 hours?

2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

They should be fine! I have had temp spikes of 105 and them make it. Now my friend had a spike of 113!!!! No need to say they did not make it. At 103 I think they will be just fine.

3. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Well since that happened I got it stable at 99.9 degrees, finally! But thanks, I needed the reassurance. I got 17 eggs cookin right now and don't want to lose any if I can help it.

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sure they will do fine. Good luck with them. I have 3 bators going now!! Lots of eggs cookin!

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Oh I love PDF's - they are BEAUTIFUL!!! Only ever seen them at the zoo but could stare at them for hours!! The blue ones are my favorite!

6. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Yeah the blue ones are nice, I use to have them but I like the green/black one better there more entertaining than the blues ever could be. Oh especially when breeding time occurs. They battle for there territory and mate, its better than TV. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  7. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I believe it's better than TV! What do you feed them? (sorry; don't mean to hijack the post...just curious).

8. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    I give them fruitflies, larvas and sometimes ant in small amounts (non-biting) kind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by