Eggs in the bator are growing nicely!Update, HATCHED!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pumpkinpup, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I got my new incubator, a repto pro, the other day and set shipped eggs in it. So far, things look fabulous! I am so excited I could burst! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Congrats! I know what you mean. I never get tired of hatching. Have fun!

3. suburbanchickymama

suburbanchickymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Apex, NC
    oh yay! i just got the same one for my 1st hatch (eeeek!) and i'm a big fan as well. i'm on day 5 for one set of 20 and just set another of 17!!! [​IMG] (slow ebay seller) supposed to be set together obviously but that's ok. a little trouble getting the 2 shelf deal to work without temp. issues but it is perfect now. i can't believe how steady it holds temps! i am so excited! [​IMG] i saw blood vessels yesterday in all but the marans and some of the welsummers just because they're too dark. i couldn't believe they were all fertile and doing well!!!! what day are you on??? what are you hatching???

4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:On day 9 and things are looking great! Thsi little incubator is fabulous! So far I am mondo impressed.
    I am hatching an assortment of LF cochin eggs. I bought them from a ebay seller as well. I bought a batch from a wonderful BYC member and the PO totally demolished them with rough handling. It was bad! The BYC seller has generously replaced the eggs and I am waiting to set them tomorrow.

5. Tokajein

Tokajein Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    yayy!
    I have I only had 17 eggs make it for my first 18 days (started out with 25)
    So I hope things keep going well for you! [​IMG]
    So far 3 out of the 17 have hatched, and one is pipped.

6. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I now have four happy, healthy, LF cochin peeps running around the brooder [​IMG] I am stoked! Two Blue, two black.

7. suburbanchickymama

suburbanchickymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Apex, NC
    Ummm, pics please!!! I am jealous of you cochin babies! My 2nd slow set of eggs from ebay of LF Cochins turned out to nearly all be infertile. The seller did refund me though. But I have one little egg in the hatcher. I really hope it hatches! My 1st group went great! I had 14 out of 16 hatch!!! They are now big and fat and fluffy little things. I only had one with a problem - a curled toe. Love this website - followed instructions to make her a little shoe and one day later it was perfect! Totally amazing! I have 7 more eggs that will move to the hatcher on Friday. They are from here on BYC and every one is looking great so far! About half of my little chicks hatched on day 20 so I guess I need to lower the temp a little bit (even though I had 3 thermometers in there!!) but other than that I couldn't have been happier!!! I still have the 2 unhatched in the hatcher. I'll give them until tomorrow (day 25) and then see if I have the nerve to do an eggtopsy [​IMG]. Glad your hatch went well and post some pics! Here's a group shot of my little cuties! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by