Eggs in the dog's house

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jafo, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jafo

jafo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    [​IMG] Well, our egg production dropped a bit in the last few days. Just a minute ago, my wife and I were on the deck, and I hollered for our Roo Blue. He was down bythe truck with his girls poking around in the leaves. Then we saw "Bossy" come out of the dog house. Karen said "I bet she just laid an egg in there",,,,,,,,,and yup,,,,,,,sure 'nuff, Karen went down and hollered "There's a whole bunch in here!" 4 to be exact, but, at least we know where to look when they're free ranging!. [​IMG]

2. staceyl

staceyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    I can't believe the dog didn't eat them! I dropped one a few weeks ago and my dog gobbled it up. Now she thinks that whenever I collect eggs its for her.

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    At least someone is using the dog house. [​IMG]

4. jafo

jafo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    I always let Sara (our Husky Akita) sniff the eggs when I get them from the coop,,,,,,,,,,,she turns her nose up,,,,,,,,unless they're cooked [​IMG]
    And yes, it can be -25 degrees and if she's out, shes curled up in the snow, not very often she uses her igloo style house. One good thing,,,,,,,I know what our first broody hen's going to live in! We'll pick up another igloo,,,only smaller. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by