Eggs in the incubator today!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rsarns, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rsarns

rsarns Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Well I got my 2 shipments of eggs, and the Post Office only cracked 1! So 25 BCM eggs into the hovabator 1588 today! Temp is steady at 100 and the hunidity seems a little low at 48%, but I will keep an eye on it. Am I wrong that I want a humidity of around 55-60%? Well here goes..... wish me lots of luck, as this is my first attempt.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck!

I keep humidity for the first 18 days at right around 35%, otherwise there won't be enough room for the chick to hatch when it's time.

Then on day 18 when I stop turning, I up the humidity to 65-70%.

I love my BCMs that I got from Chooks Chicks!

3. rsarns

Apr 25, 2011
    I will try that then! Is it bad that I am already looking at getting another incubator so I can start another set? [​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You have joined the hath-a-holic club. There are a lot of us. I used to use an LG but now I have a Sportsman which means I can hatch more eggs... [​IMG]

5. rsarns

Apr 25, 2011
    Ok its day 9, have tried for 2 days to "candle" eggs, now these are very dark Marans eggs, I have tried several flashlites (LED and highpower) with tubes etc in a dark room, but for the life of me... I can't see through the shell. Am I missing something here?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by