Eggs leaking

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigspringshatchery, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    I got 13 barred rock eggs on the incubator. I put them on monday night. I had to toss two Wednesday and I tossed two day. They were leaking a was sticking to my egg turner. I guess they are bad. But how can u tell what eggs are gonna do this so I don't have to candle them everyday or every other day.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    How old were the eggs.... Look for tiny cracks. I generally don't candle my eggs until just at lockdown - 18 days since I know my eggs are very recent and I know where the hens lay. Best of luck! Nancy

3. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    I'm not sure. They were shipped to me. I know that has a lot to do it. I jus don't wanna keep opening the incubator

4. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    pick up each one and smell it. your nose will tell you. and if anymore are leaking toss them.

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    sorry someone shipped you rotten eggs.......eggs don't start leaking that fast.

Candle eggs after a week in the incubator ,remove any not fertile. Shipped eggs candle when you receive them.

Eggs have to be weeks old to go bad...............

If you want to be BRAVE ,YEP SMELL THEM, but don't be surpise if it blows up in you face.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by