eggs left by broody hen for 6 hours

amirfarmer

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
my broody hen left her eggs for 6 hours on 15 th day....than on 20th day i went to see her in morning she was not on eggs....after one hour i saw her on eggs....before this on night i saw her on eggs so i dont know for how many hours she left eggs.... TOMMOROW is her 21 day and i dont know that the eggs will hatch or not....still there is no chirping and on candling the eggs look dark with air sack except one from which i cannot see any thing....PLZZZ HELPP MEEEE!!!!?

do you have an incubator, if so, put the eggs in there if she gets of them again, if not you'll just have to hope that the eggs will live and that she will hope on them again

Unless it's very cold in the coop the chicks should be fine. It takes quite awhile for the core temperature of the egg to drop, so though 6 hours is long, I think they should be o.k. I recently had some chicks hatch shortly after a series of lengthy power failures. One chick actually hatched in an ice cold incubator while the power was off. They are doing great :) Fingers crossed and keep us posted?

Back
Top Bottom