Eggs left from our hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mommysongbird, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Here are the eggs we had left from our hatch

[​IMG]

This is a close up picture of the egg in the front of above picture, not sure if you can see the color really well, but I would like to know what it would have been.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HenPenny

HenPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Are You Going To Do A Eggtopsy On Them?

3. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:No, I don't think I could stomach it. I walked out of science class when I was in middle school because our teacher had us to do eggtopsy's, just can't do it.

What should I do with those eggs??

The 2 in the far back are ones that I took out before lockdown, just had figured out what to do with them.

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    You might not like my answer.I bait my traps with them.

5. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:Traps??? What kind of traps?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

That's okay I guess. If something wanted to eat them, then that would be fine with me. Just don't want to be smelling rotten egg from out in my back yard. [​IMG]

6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    You probably won't like mine either. I keep corn snakes and my last hatch I had several that were fully developed but didn't hatch (pipped the wrong end while hatching in an egg carton - another story). Anyway, I fed the dead fetuses to the snakes. I figure, snakes have to eat too and at least that way their little bodies didn't go to waste, and another animal didn't have to be killed to feed my snakes.

This morning I pulled three non-developing eggs on day 13. I scrambled them up, shells and all, and fed them to the girls. I know a lot of people wouldn't do this but they smelled fine and the hens are showing absolutely no ill effects.

I guess I'm just not good at throwing stuff away.....

7. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    If you have dogs feed em to them! My dogs love when I give them a whole egg!!!

8. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:I am okay with your situation too. You are right, you didn't have to kill another animal that you could feed your snakes.

I just don't have anything that I could feed them too, like snakes. There are snakes outside, but I am trying to keep them AWAY from my house, NOT ATTRACT them. [​IMG]

My hubby works for a Sanitation Department, I will just have him to take them with him to work and dispose of them at the landfill.

9. barnyardkid928

barnyardkid928 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Southwick
    Why didn't you just throw them in a trashbag and put them in a dumpster? [​IMG]

10. barnyardkid928

barnyardkid928 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Southwick
    Quote:I am okay with your situation too. You are right, you didn't have to kill another animal that you could feed your snakes.

I just don't have anything that I could feed them too, like snakes. There are snakes outside, but I am trying to keep them AWAY from my house, NOT ATTRACT them. [​IMG]

My hubby works for a Sanitation Department, I will just have him to take them with him to work and dispose of them at the landfill.

That's a good idea, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by