Eggs missing! Eggs Found!!!! 22 Silkies arrived!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Solsken Farm, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

My eggs were sent priority mail from the northeast to the northeast last Saturday. They should have arrived by Tuesday or yesterday latest. They did not come again today. [​IMG] How long can these eggs be sitting around some dang PO before they aren't hatchable?

I am thinking next time I order eggs, I might just pay extra for overnight shipping. Has anyone done this?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I only use Priority mail, and I have never had any eggs go missing. Overnight shipping is very expensive. I think around $32.00

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    It took me 5 days to get eggs from PA. I now have eggs *missing*, but not as late as yours. Maybe they are together [​IMG] . Mine is from my 1 ebay purchase, so not a positive experience so far. My 5 day shipment has 50% development on day 17. Not great, but not bad for shipped eggs. I hope you get a call this afternoon saying they are there for you.
    Good luck
    Krista

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    They should be "good" for up to 10 days from being layed, but the percentage begins to fall significantly after 7 days. It will depend on how fresh they were when they were shipped.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Twice I've had eggs take 8+ days to get to me. I didn't have a great hatch either time, but some did hatch.

6. Solsken Farm

Well the sun shone on me. A new person at the PO didn't look at my note that said to call me. The mailman just delivered 22 beautiful perfect little silkie eggs. My kids, esp my daughter is so enchanted with the tiny cream/brown eggs.

Thanks for the replies. They will go into the bator in a few hours. Wish me luck![​IMG]

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    [​IMG] glad you got them
    good luck
    Krista

8. Solsken Farm

Thanks Krista.

Gosh I hope yours show up. This is such an anxiety producing process.[​IMG]

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    No kidding. [​IMG]
    I hate when you have a tracking # and then can't track it. The one that took 5 days had it at "acceptance" and then nothing showed up until I got a phone call 5 days later saying it was at the PO. This # I have this time only says-Electronic Shipping Info Received- not even saying it was accepted. [​IMG] . The ebay person said she would ship Monday, then when I asked if it got mailed (on wednesday) she said it got mailed tuesday. I hope she mailed it :|

Krista

edited to say I "won" my auction Friday night so I was rather disappointed they didn't go out by Monday, I will let you know how they do if they ever get here

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  10. Solsken Farm

Oh boy. That IS frustrating....I hope they arrive. Not showing it was accepted must be confusing.....[​IMG]

6 days was really long from NY. I got them in 2 days from Washington State. Go figure.....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by