Eggs not hatching at day 23! Should i be worried?!

Apr 16, 2020
This is my first hatch and nothing has happened yet. I’m on day 23 but apart from a bit of rocking, nothing is happening. Do you think they’re ok? Should i help them. At what point do i give up? It’s so stressful and i don’t know what to expect! Please help!

I am on day 21 and not see a sign of anything, I am pretty sure the eggs had chicks in the on day 17 when I candeled them it I've seen that many photos of eggs that look fertile to me but have turned out not to be, so I don't know think I'll give them until Monday then candel them again

I am on day 21 and not see a sign of anything, I am pretty sure the eggs had chicks in the on day 17 when I candeled them it I've seen that many photos of eggs that look fertile to me but have turned out not to be, so I don't know think I'll give them until Monday then candel them again
I hope yours hatch! Still waiting on mine. Just seen another bit of movement so at least they’re alive.

I had some hatch yesterday on day 23 and this morning another one is hatching. Hopefully this makes you feel better. I'm waiting until the end of day 26 before I quit.
Ok thank you, i’ve seen movement this morning so i know they’re alive. Just hope they hatch soon🤞🏻

I assume you are incubating? If so i have a similar issue. Out of 6 eggs 2 went bad, 2 hatched last night (16 hours after 1st pip) but the other 2 haven’t even pipped yet!

From my googling eggs can hatch up to day 25 if under a hen but in an incubator the 21 day thing is generally the case. But I’ve found no advice on some hatching and some not...

In any case my feelings on the matter is eave them in the incubator - what is there to lose? My first time with duck eggs which are supposed to take 28 days - took about 4-5 days longer (but they are huge ducks....)

I assume you are incubating? If so i have a similar issue. Out of 6 eggs 2 went bad, 2 hatched last night (16 hours after 1st pip) but the other 2 haven’t even pipped yet!

From my googling eggs can hatch up to day 25 if under a hen but in an incubator the 21 day thing is generally the case. But I’ve found no advice on some hatching and some not...

In any case my feelings on the matter is eave them in the incubator - what is there to lose? My first time with duck eggs which are supposed to take 28 days - took about 4-5 days longer (but they are huge ducks....)
One has just pipped! I took them out quickly to candle and i can see his beak in the air sack. I can also hear him cheeping!

It’s so exciting isn’t it :)
It certainly is! How do i keep the humidity up once it’s externally pipped? It says you shouldn’t open the incubator as it can dry out membrane but the humidity in our incubator goes down after about 12 hours?

No idea sorry. Advice i have read is that you simply resist the urge to open the incubator. If you MUST open it then do it quick. My incubator is very very simple - it doesnt have humidity controls and I know little about that subject. I iagine though if you just keep a small amount of water in the incubator it will increase humidity faster as less to heat up?

Back
Top Bottom